Notes From Fred
Every Sunday is special at Meadowlake, but this Sunday is “doubly” special:
(1) We thank Cathy Micun for her seven years of service to our Family, and the many ways that she has cared for us and loved us!
(2) And we celebrate the completion of our Walk to Jerusalem, and all that it has meant to our Family and our families!
How is Your Heart?
Mark 10:43-45; Romans 12:9-18
As you read and pray about the Scripture for this week, discuss it with someone else, and answer these questions:
- What specific words seem to be speaking to you, and why do those words “stand out” for you?
- As we complete our Walk to Jerusalem, as the beginning of our Wellness Ministry, we pause for a check-up on our hearts. Our Scriptures are our EKG – testing whether we have the heart of a servant of Jesus, devoted to each other, living in harmony, offering hospitality, giving what others need, relating to each other without pride or conceit. Using the test of our Scriptures, what is the state of your heart? To the extent that your heart is skipping some essential beats, what treatment could bring your heart to full health?
- What would you like to understand better after Sunday?
Let me know about your preparation—and to what extent the sermon connected to your life.